not really, but that is fun to say, being a lesbian myself.
i was thinking about my past relationships in life, and yes there were a few with men, and i began to daydream about why i enjoy being a lesbian. here are the TOP 7 reasons that came to mind:
why i enjoy being a lesbian…
1. my girlfriend and I communicate. i mean we really communicate. we analyze, dissect, marinate, and psycho-babble ourselves into the 4th dimension. which i absolutely love! we don’t yell, or scream, or throw things to get our point across. we don’t intentionally cause emotional pain. we talk. and if needed we figure out how to do things better next time around to avoid conflict. sounds so adult-like huh? well my friends, it is.
2. women understand each other. a man will never fully understand a women’s mind, nor will a woman ever fully understand a man’s mind. we really are from different galaxies. two women in a relationship makes for two similar brain cycles working together. women are naturally more emotional beings. we can be dramatic. overtly sensitive. we think more deeply. we cry more often then men. we feel things on an abysmal level. and we intuitively know how to comfort another woman in need of comforting. it’s a natural instinct. in my experience, (heterosexual) men don’t really have much of a clue about comforting, nor do they want to learn about how to do it. tears make them uber uncomfortable.
3. sex is intuitive. that should be obvious. when you have the same parts, you know what to do with them. and in my opinion, sex is also way more intimate and emotional (for me) with another woman. my past experience with men lacked intimacy. it was sex for the act of sex. not sex for the act of love. plus, it simply didn’t feel right to me.
4. the menstrual cycle isn’t seen as dooms day. it’s understood and not ran from.
5. women can kiss! there is no kiss like a womans kiss. if my lips touch the right woman, i feel it through every inch of my body. its electric. and it is truly one of my favorite things to do…kissing my girl is a beautiful thing.
6. im just one of the guys. i get along with men on a different level now. im looked at as one of them. it’s loads of fun! men are way more themselves when us women are not in sight. they talk differently and they say things they otherwise wouldn’t dare say in front of a woman. but after finding out im a lesbian, there is not much held back by the guys any longer. i hear the way they talk about that girl over there in those skin-tight jeans. it can be very boorish, but i must admit it’s sometimes fun to play that macho man role with the boys now and again. the men may talk with some vulgarity, and no one (generally) gets hurt or offended. im just one of the guys, as they say. and really, i always have been. i should have known long long ago i was a lesbian!
7. no one questions why i am wearing a tie. and damn it, i love ties!
i am a grateful and very happy lesbian. i wouldn’t change things if i could. i am what i am and i love what i am.
i still love men, i just don’t want to sleep with them or have a “relationship” with them. women have my heart.
thanks for stopping by.